1/13/10

An Acoustic Evening with Tim Reynolds - Mt. Snow 1-09-10














I was lucky enough to attend the only solo acoustic show of the year for the one and only Tim Reynolds. On January 9th, Tim Reynolds made his way to Mt. Snow, Vermont to the 'Snowbarn' bar/nightclub at the base of the mountain. Tim took the stage to a rowdy crowd of 100+. Tim did not sing a word (more on that later) just 'made love to his car' as he said in between songs. After telling a story about smoking a lot in New Mexico and writing 'High In The West' he said...'Just give me a minute, I need to tune my guitar to weeeeeeeed' For almost two hours, Tim played a lot of populars like Stream, Betrayal, and Chatterbox. He also played some cool covers including Peter Gabriels, 'In Your Eyes' and The Beatles, 'Come Together'.

Tim is one of my hero's. I look up to him as a musician and as a person. I've been lucky enough to meet Tim four times. Every show, (not including dmb) he will come out and meet with anyone that wants a pic or autograph. In October, I got to hang out with TR3 for almost 2 hours post show, it really was a dream come true to just be hanging out with one of my idols. I was able to catch up with Tim after the Vermont show too. I asked him why he didn't sing at all tonight? He said that he had just recently had dental surgery so he really couldn't sing that much. Tim is such a genuine guy that knows what is important in life. I really inspire to be like him. Be sure to look for Tim with his band TR3 when DMB is not touring.

TR3 has a string of Tour Dates coming up before Tim goes to the Grammy's to perform with DMB. Then he will head to Europe with DMB for a Spring tour! Major props to http://www.greaterbostonphotography.com/about/ for providing those pictures, simply amazing work.

Here are some videos from the show too (really sorry for screaming D-bags. There were about 4 annoying people in the crowd. I actually told him that he didn't have to yell that loud because Tim was literally four feet in front of us.)

Come Together (crowd is soo dumb!)



Betrayal


Stream (audio fixes a minute in)





Thanks to Potitia for the vids

No comments:

Post a Comment