6/22/10

Depreciation Guild, Wild Nothing - Tomorrow Daniel St.

Tomorrow night, Manic Productions Presents: Wild Nothing and The Depreciation Guild at Daniel St. in Milford. Tickets will cost you $8 and doors open at 8. Gotta be 21+ to party. Buy tickets at Red Scroll or at the door. Opening for both bands will be Eula, I saw them open for Titles. They are a really cool new wave punkish group out of New Haven, get in early and check em out.

Wild Nothing, 'Gemini' is one of my favorite albums of the year. It's a one man project from Jack Tatum who added band members to form a live act. I love the use of the drum machine, drenched guitar riffs, and a touch of synth. It is a great summer album. Honestly, they are the reason I am going to the show....you should too, because when you realize you want to see them, then they will be opening for much bigger bands at much bigger venues. I want to pick up a vinyl and see how this amazing album translates in a live setting.

Depreciation Guild, I admit, I know not much about this group. This is what I found about them... Backed solely by a Nintendo Entertainment System, the band blankets their sound with the crushing blows of its 8-Bit 2A03 sound chip. Drawing inspiration from classic dream-pop bands such as Pale Saints, and Cocteau Twins, as well as 80’s synth-pop masters such as Bill Nelson, Gangway, Scritti Politti and YMO, The Depreciation Guild have artfully cultivated a unique sound that strikes a balance between progressive and retro-chic.


Wild Nothing - "Board Games" from Ian Perlman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment