2/25/10

Local Natives - Gorilla Manor


This album hit the internet back in December and I must admit, I slept on it. I don't know why, but I was busy trying to start this blog and just put it aside. 'Gorilla Manor', Local Natives debut album is really really pleasing. The band is full of emotion, the music has a real passion to it. I love the tribal like chanting, they sound a lot like one of my other favorite bands Fleet Foxes.

The opening track 'Wide Eyes' is full of group harmonies, and the drums are very prominent even though he is just tapping the rims of his drums. 'Airplanes' is my favorite track. The chorus is so genuine, and the drums go perfectly with the words. When Taylor's voice takes off during the final chorus...favorite part of the album for me. It just gets me singing along every time. 'World News' really showcases the way the band can sing and harmonize together. This being their first album, I am really excited to see what these guys can do in the future. A very solid 8/10

Buy the album Here
email me if you need help... ;)

Watch their Blogotheque session, really is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment