2/1/10

Grammy's Rant

Honestly I'm not upset that DMB didn't win any awards last night, I didn't expect them to win. But I am shocked by who did win the categories in which DMB were nominated for. Rock Album Of The Year...Green Day. Are you kidding me? Green day is the biggest sell out band I've ever seen in my life. They used to be a punk band that kicked ass in Seattle, now they have a musical, a fucking musical. Their performance last night was cheesy as hell. I hear them everywhere I go and it pisses me off!

Now on to Album Of The Year. In my opinion the band never had much of a chance from the start. Gaga or Beyonce is who I thought would win, but Taylor Swift? Are you fucking kidding me? This girl is the biggest joke in the music business right now. She writes her own songs? Who gives a shit, that should be a GIVEN with any musician! She is the complete teen money making project with no vocal talent what so ever. Did you watch her performance with Stevie Nicks? Taylor Swift couldn't stay in key to save her life!(watch it here) I get it, she won Best Country Album...no one cares about that, but Album Of The Year? really? reallly??

I guess I'm most upset that John Legend couldn't take the five fucking minutes to learn how to say all the albums titles the right way. GrooGroo? are you serious? Dave said himself how proud he was of this album. They worked very hard on it, and it was all for Roi. Roi is the GrooGrux, he's the king, and the Grammy's disgraced him for the 2nd year in a row. It's a real shame, and I WILL be boycotting the Grammy's from now on. But whatever, when he fucked up the name, they showed the band and Dave was laughing and pointing down to Carter, it looked like he just won a 50 dollar bet on if he would screw up the name or not.  /rant

But on to the good stuff. Phoenix did win an award last night, for Best Alternative Music Album, and should have performed. However, DMB did perform, they played 'You and Me' and it was kickass! This is not one of my favorite songs, but this was by far the best version of this song ever! It started out with just the boys, and as the first chorus came in, so did the rest of the 40 piece orchestra. Dave looked sharp in a 5 piece suit and Fonz was sporting some crazy hair. Everyone was having a blast! Dave was a dancin fool! I think it was the second best performance of the night behind Mary J. Blige and Bochelli.

The best story of the night was what I heard about Adam Sandler introducing the band. As he stated, Adam showed up rather casually...he wasn't going to be there at all. The man who did the boring speech before DMB, he was going to bring them on, but Dave wanted to have Adam do it. They are very good friends,(Dave has been in two of Adams movies) So when Adam showed up and came out wearing jeans and a DC teeshirt (at least he decided to borrow Dave's jacket)...he spoke from the heart. Gave a shout out to Roi, said a little diddy about the band. He wanted to make a point to get out there and speak for Roi, because he was upset about what happened in 2009.








 


6 comments:

  1. Love the performance! I've watched it at least 5x's now! The boys looked like they were having fun, and dressed to the nines! I'm so glad someone close to the band (or maybe just Dave) introduced them; so much better than some random stranger. I like to believe that fans DMB appreciated it too. I'm not upset that they didn't win. The people that matter the most know what a kick-ass album it is! Love the blog. Keep up the good work! :) Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you really taking the Grammy's seriously? That was your first mistake. The second was thinking that DMB's album is actually deserving to win anything.

    But I agree that John Legend did Leroi and the band a disservice by botching the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i stated a few times that i didnt think dmb would win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice rant there Berman. mja271 on Ants here. I agree with you for sure, the winners were pretty awful. Unfortunately the band will likely never get honored by the Grammy's but who cares as long as they have the dedicated fan base that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice read! The whole thing is frustrating. Thanks for posting the pics! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey thanks for reading guys! FUCKKKKKK DAAAAA GRAMMYS!!

    ReplyDelete