3/24/10

Laura Marling - 'I Speak Because I Can'


This blog loves Laura Marling. One of my first blog posts was about her. She is a stunningly beautiful young folk singer from England who's debut album 'Alas I Cannot Swim' sends chills down my spine. New Romantic and Ghosts are perfect tracks. Her new album has just hit stores and 'I Speak Because I Can' shows a more mature Marling. 'Devil Spoke' is the lead track and it's exactly how you should open this album. It starts off lonely and slow, then builds to a much faster pace with a lot of acoustics (love the banjo). I first thought it would be hard to top the debut and I don't this this album is better as a whole then Alas....but Laura did succeed in making a very strong sophomore album. She continues with the struggle of being an independent woman, being in relationships and how to be comfortable in her own skin. Her voice and lyrics carry the weight of a woman who has been through a lot...oh wait...she's 20. Rumor has it, she's already working on her third album.

Buy the album 'I Speak Because I Can' Here

1 comment:

  1. a 3rd album already? Laura Marling is a force to be reckoned with. I wanna see her do more work with Mumford & Sons, they have enormous potential.

    ReplyDelete