12/29/09

Lovely Laura Marling




Some of you may know that i have a HUGE crush on Ms. Laura Marling. She hails from Hampshire, England and is one day younger then my sister... It's amazing that someone so young could have such a powerful voice. She literally stops me in my tracks when she sings. I first caught wind of her from our friends @ The Stu Reid Experiment with the song 'Ghosts', the lead track off her debut album 'Alas I Cannot Swim'. It tells the story of a young man that had his heart broken and doesn't know who to trust. A theme that everyone can relate to. Love and heartache are the central themes throughout the entire album. Laura belts out every word with a Joan Baez/Regina Spector like passion. She has a new album due out in 2010 called 'I Speak Because I Can'. Check out these two videos, they are amazing...also check out more about Laura at her Myspace or http://www.lauramarling.com/

Videos:  New Romantic , Ghosts , Ghosts(Live)

No comments:

Post a Comment