5/15/10

NO DMB in 2011

As we feel the excitement building for this summer, we wanted to let everyone know that after twenty years of consecutive touring, Dave Matthews Band will be taking 2011 off. We feel lucky that our tours are a part of so many people's lives, and wanted to give everyone as much notice as possible.  We're excited to make this summer one of our best tours yet, and look forward to returning to the road in 2012.

Not something you want to wake up to 2 weeks before the summer tour starts in Hartford. This band has been touring non-stop for 20 years. They deserve the break, there is no doubt about that...am I disappointed? Yes, obviously, this band has been one of the most important things in my life for the past 8 years. The people I have met, the experiences I've had, memories made for a lifetime....all over some silly music. I am hoping that this will open up the song selection for this tour. 

I originally thought that this would be a 'Big Whiskey' heavy tour...but with the news of 2011 being a no-go, I really hope that the band will expand their catalog and include some rare songs that the fans really want. 2011 will be a weird summer, DMB @ the meadows has been a tradition for a long time. A lot can happen in a year, I hope the band is serious about 2012. I would hate for them to get involved with other things and this be the end of DMB as we know it. I hope the band returns to form AS IS in 2012. Enjoy the time off boys, I hope you use it for the right reasons.

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ the labels

    ReplyDelete
  2. good times in c ville man. ill come to spac sometime and we can have good times again.

    ReplyDelete