5/19/10

Janelle Monae - Arch Android & More

I had a musical orgasm last night while watching Late Night w/ David Letterman. Janelle Monae (Myspace) was the musical guest, and let me tell you, she is what's right with music. Her music is a blend of every genre. Swing, Big Band, Soul, Motown, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Dance, you name it...she plays it. Girl's got the moves of James Brown, the pipes of Rihanna, and a backing band that could support either Sinatra or Big Boi... not to mention she is sooooo sexy. I was blown away by the performance. You can watch it below. She has her first full length album out now 'The Arch Android' so go buy it HERE

....but thats not all!

When I woke up today, there was a tweet from HPSU... they are working very hard to throw a free show at The Bushnel Park. Not much info is known yet, but some did leak out this morning. The show will be held July 23rd in honor of Hartford's 375th anniversary. THEY GOT JANELLE MONAE!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! Last night was the first time I heard her, I was blown away, and now I get to see her for free at what will be Hartford's biggest summer party. See ya there yallll! I'l be sure to keep everyone updated when more info about the show becomes available

1 comment:

  1. The pipes of Rhianna?!?!?!? THE PIPES OF RHIANNA?!?!?!??! Are you serious?!?!?!?!? Janelle Monae is sheer genius. Performance - vocally - aesthetically - etc... but please do not compare her to having the pipes of Rhianna. She certainly does not. Janelle has an amazing voice! You should see this woman perform live. She is unlike anything you will ever see. By far and away the best live performance I've seen in a long long time and long long time to come. But why does this show appear to be moving to the Wadsworth??? I'd much rather see her in a less stuffy environment.

    ReplyDelete